“Portico” restaurant, which has opened up recently in Hiranandani Estate Thane, offers a variety of haute cuisines.
Portico welcomes you with a lively ambiance (Still some work is happening around the restaurant). Caricatures and wall paintings along with filament bulbs lights up the place. The pool view enhances the charm of this place.
The restaurant has an interesting menu with a mix of international & Indian cuisine.
I fueled my belly with few mocktails, starters, sizzler and finally the chocolate biscuit.
– Spicy Papaya Margarita (Mix of Papaya, jalapeno, rosemary, etc.) :
This was a thick serving of papaya with a tinge of jalapeno. Salt n chilli powder was applied on the rim of the glass and a slice of papaya placed on top. It tasted okay.
– Blackberry Caipiroshka (Black berry, mint, lime, sprite):
Though Caipiroshka is a popular cocktail in Latin America, the one served at Portico is for the Teetotalers. For those who love the blackberry taste, this mocktail served with blackberry and lime, is a must try at Portico.
– Modern Kala Khatta (black current crush, grape juice, black salt, white pepper, lemon juice) :
The name resonates the offering – Kala khatta enhanced with the mixers. Awesome drink for a summer afternoon.
– Jalapeno Caipiroshka (Jalapeno, mint, lime, black salt, crushed ice, cranberry juice):
Another must try at Portico. It is served in a smaller glass but packs a punch. Tastes good but would have preferred more quantity.
– Cuban Nachos (crisp tortilla tossed with beans, pico de gallo, cheese sauce, avocado, mojo, served with tomato salsa) :
The first thing that you notice about this dish is the colour of the Nachos. The green coloured nachos will make you feel that you’ve been served some veggie toppings on some green leaves. This impression changes completely the moment you pick one of the nachos and take the first bite. It is crispy and delicious. One of the best nachos I have tried in Mumbai. Another Must try at the Portico.
– Oriental Cheesy Croquettes (Potato croquettes mixed with sambal, sririacha hot chilli sauce, green onion, stuffed with cheese, served with oriental mayo):
Typical Cheese croquette served along with a good mayo dipping. Tastes good.
– Thai Spring roll
(Fried spring roll,stuffed with carrot,cabbage,mushroom,bell peppers,glass noodles,lemon grass,Thai red curry paste, served with chili, lime & cilantro mayo)
– Spicy Cauliflower (Cauliflower florets tossed in the spicy sauce made of garlic, ginger, shallots. Galangal, Thai birds eye chili, served with spicy mayo):
For the Thai cuisine lovers – this is a spicy Thai dish. Cauliflower is tossed well with the spicy sauce and your taste buds will get to taste the Thai flavors.
– New Orleans Baby Potato (Baby potatoes, tossed with onion, garlic, sriracha, sweet chilli sauce, smoked paprika, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, cilantro, green onion): Don’t go by the list of the ingredients. This is the classic baby potato prepared with spicy sauce. ‘Potato’ crazy people will relish this dish.